Wrestler ⋅ Class of 1994
Ed began his long career at Fenton High School for Hall of Famer Steve Weiss. While at Fenton he qualified for the State Championships 4 times. He won Two State Titles and Placed 5th. His total wins for 4 years stands at 172. As a senior he won the US Junior National Free Style Championship.
His Collegiate Days were at Minnesota University where he placed 3 times in the Big 10, Winning Two Titles and being Named Outstanding as a senior. He also placed third in the NCAA Division I Tournament. During his stay at Minnesota and shortly after, he placed 4 times in the Midlands, winning it once; He won the UN-Omaha Open; and placed 6th in the World Espoirs in Free Style.
His post Collegiate Wrestling has found him involved in numerous events:
* He has placed 4 times in the John DuPont Open which is the USA Open; in Free Style
* He has placed 6 times in the US Sunkist International Open, Winning it once
* He placed 6th in the AAU Greco Roman
* He Won the Pan American Championship in 1990 and Placed 3rd in 1992 He Placed 2nd in the US Open Grand Prix
* He Placed 2nd in the Cerra Pelada Tournament in Cuba
* He Was The Champion of the Czechoslavakian Grand Prix
* He Placed 2nd in the Polish Grand Prix
* He was 5th in the 1992 Olympic Trials in Free Style
* He Placed 3rd Two times in the Olympic Festival
* He Was a World Team Trials Runner-up
* He has made Two Trips to Tbliski and On trip to Bylorussia
He has been an Assistant at North Dakota State; Minnesota University; and Northwestern University. He is presently a member of the Fox Catcher Wrestling Organization, out of Pennsylvania where he still Coaches and Competes.