- Send waiver (must be 17 or older and should be out of high school) that is attached.
- Instructions will be emailed from the IHSA
- Rule Books will be mailed
- Sign in to your personal space and set your own password
- Complete concussion program
- Complete Rules video
- Attend new officials class or go to a clinic listed here:
- Redeem sticker(for level 1 clinic credit) on you personal IHSA page.
- Clinics are $50 at the door or free if you join the IWCOA ahead of time for $35.
- Take online Rules Test.
- Must be in High School and be 14 yrs. old or older.
- Go to IKWF.org and under the Membership pull-down menu complete the Wrestling Leader Membership
- log into your account or create a new profile on USAW
- Complete Background screening (if 18 or older when applying)
- Complete Safe Sport Program
- Pay registration fee.
- USAW will send your completed registration to IKWF and IKWF will include your name on the approved list.
- When your name is on this list, you are approved to referee IKWF matches.
Officiating Clinics Information
Pay your IWCOA yearly membership fee online by clicking the link below and signing up. The fee includes the 2020-2021 school year membership in the IWCOA and an IHSA approved clinic for officials.
(NOTE: you do not have to pay the membership fee and a clinic fee, ONLY the $35 membership fee which INCLUDES a FREE 2020-2021 season Level 1 or Level 2 IHSA approved clinic AND an IHSA approved live rules interpretation)
Click on the button below "IWCOA Online Clinic Registration Form" and login to your account. Select the clinic you would like to attend and click "submit".
2020 Wrestling Clinics and Live Rule Interpretation Meetings
Sponsored by the IWCOA
The IWCOA in cooperation with the IHSA is pleased to announce 2020-21 season wrestling officiating clinics and live rule interpretation meetings that will accommodate both beginning and experienced officials. The IWCOA has a long-standing tradition of supporting better officiating throughout the state of Illinois via their wrestling officiating clinics. Each person attending any of these clinics will receive credit from the IHSA for a Level one/two clinic and rules interpretation.
All clinics require you to be an active paid IWCOA member ($35), or to pay an "at the door" fee of $50. It is preferred that you become an IWCOA member before the clinic (saves you $15) and register online at IWCOA.NET. If you choose to use paper and snail mail: memberships and pre-registrations via mail must be postmarked 5 days prior to the event (mail-in form also available on IWCOA.NET). Again, the cost will increase to $50 if paid at the event. Lifetime/Hall of Fame members are not exempt from the membership fee when it comes to clinics ($35 online and pre-registered or $50 at the door).
All clinics will start promptly at 9:00am and conclude at 1:00pm. There will be a free lunch served from 1:00pm until 1:30pm. A live IHSA rules interpretation meeting will begin at 1:30pm.
Please contact your IHSA Head Clinician, Tony Clarke (847-721-1132) or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
October 18 - Level 2 Online
October 24 - Level 1 & 2 at Mt. Vernon High school - In-Person
October 25 - Level 1 & 2 at Mascoutah & Rock Falls High Schools - In-Person
November 1 - Level 1 & 2 at Mahomet-Seymour High School - In-Person
November 7 - Level 1 & 2 at 710 N. Jefferson St. Lincoln, IL - In-Person
November 8 - Level 1 & 2 at Springfield (Sacred Heart Griffin) High School - In-Person
November 15 - Level 1 & 2 Online
Or you can print out and mail the registration form by clicking the link below: